I. THIS SITE CONTAINS INFORMATION OF A SENSITIVE NATURE AND/OR OTHER GRAPHIC CONTENT INTENDED SPECIFICALLY FOR THOSE PERSONNEL EMPLOYED BY A CRIMINAL JUSTICE AGENCY. THE CARDINAL CRIMINAL JUSTICE ACADEMY WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR INDIVIDUALS ACCESSING THIS SITE AFTER NOTICE IN DIRECT VIOLATION OF THIS POLICY.
II. TECHNICAL REQUIREMENTS
NOTE: The courses provided on this site through this portal are intended for hi-speed internet delivery. Users who access the modules via dial-up, may experience some delays during the presentation and/or video portions of these course lessons.
III. TERMS OF SERVICE
The following will constitute the Terms of Service for Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy for all use, services or products and information available through or at the Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy website @ www.cardinalacademy.org
This Agreement will serve as a binding and legal agreement between you the subscriber (end user) and Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy, hereinafter referred to as CCJA, Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy, Academy, or www.cardinalacademy.org.
These Terms of Service will provide access and govern all information, products and online and interactive services, as well as all content provided by Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy. Unless stated to the contrary in the following Terms of Service, all inquiries and communications with Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy should be directed to CCJA at 917 Central Ave., Salem, VA 24153 attention, Carl B. Vickers, Executive Director.
Registration shall be required for all users to participate in the on-line training sessions provided through the CCJA site. Member agencies of Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy register their personnel by contacting the academy via phone or electronic means registering with the secretary. Non-member agencies that wish to enroll their personnel into on-line training should call by phone. These contacts need to be made by supervisory personnel. Once Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy receives the supervisory contact, Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy will create a username and password for the individual and will forward the information to the individual's department or academy.
- FOR A STUDENT TO RECEIVE CREDIT FOR A COURSE, THE STUDENT MUST ACHIEVE MINIMUM PASSING SCORE OF 70% ON THE TEST FOR THE COURSE.
- ALL TESTS ARE LOCKED OUT AND MAY NOT BE ATTEMPTED UNTIL ALL COURSE MATERIAL HAS BEEN READ OR VIEWED AND THE COURSE EVALUATION HAS BEEN SUBMITTED.
- ALL TESTS ARE TIMED. ONCE THE STUDENT BEGINS A TEST, THE TIMER BEGINS RUNNING AND CANNOT BE PAUSED OR STOPPED. IF A TEST IS NOT SUBMITTED BEFORE THE TIMED PERIOD HAS ELAPSED, THE TEST WILL BE SUBMITTED AUTOMATICALLY AND GRADED. QUESTIONS WITH NO ANSWER CHOSEN WILL BE MARKED AS INCORRECT.
- STUDENTS ARE ALLOWED A SECOND ATTEMPT AT A TEST IF AT THE INITIAL ATTEMPT THE STUDENT FAILS TO ACHIEVE A MINIMUM SCORE OF 70%. A THIRD ATTEMPT AT A TEST CAN ONLY BE GRANTED BY THE CVCJA DIRECTOR AT THE REQUEST OF THE STUDENT'S AGENCY HEAD.
ACCESS TO SERVICES
- ONE INDIVIDUAL SHALL BE PERMITTED TO ACCESS THE SERVICE WITH A SPECIFIC USER NAME AND PASSWORD.
- INDIVIDUALS SHALL BE RESTRICTED TO ONLY ONE USER NAME.
- INDIVIDUALS MAY NOT SHARE THEIR USER NAME OR PASSWORD.
- REGISTERED USERS WILL BE RESTRICTED TO ONLY ACCESS THE ON-LINE TRAINING WEB SITE FROM ONE COMPUTER AT ANY GIVEN TIME.
- ANY ATTEMPT TO LEAVE THE TRAINING SITE WHILE LOGGED INTO A COURSE WILL CAUSE THE COURSE TO STOP AND WILL GENERATE A LOG OF THE ATTEMPT.
- VIOLATION OF THESE SPECIFIC POINTS WILL CAUSE THE USER TO BE REMOVED FROM THE SYSTEM. CCJA WILL NOTIFY THE USER'S DEPARTMENT OF THE VIOLATION AND MAY DENY THE USER CREDIT FOR COURSE COMPLETION.
CARDINAL CRIMINAL JUSTICE ACADEMY
ON-LINE TRAINING PLEDGE
- I will not divulge my username or password to anyone or permit anyone to sign into a course using my username or password.
- I, and only I, will post answers to course assignments using my username and password.
- I, and only I, will take the on-line exams using my username and password.
- I understand that the on-line exams are closed book and I will not refer to my textbook, notes or any other reference, while taking the exams.
- I will not print all or part of any exam.
- I will not divulge the content of the on-line exams to any other student, whether the student is enrolled in the course or not.
- I understand that work submitted to meet the requirements of one course cannot be submitted to meet the requirements of a second course without the permission of both instructors.
- I understand that all course content materials are copyrighted and I will not print, copy or reproduce the content in any manner without the permission of the academy director.
- I understand that violation of this pledge will constitute an Honor Code violation and that I will be subject to the appropriate sanctions as described in the academy's Honor Code violation policy. Violation of this pledge will also be referred to the appropriate employing agency for review and potential for additional sanctions or corrective action.
- I understand that the use of on-line training is a privilege that is afforded to me that may be revoked if I fail to adhere to the terms of this pledge.
CONTENT LICENSE AND REQUIREMENTS
Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy's online educational website content is the sole property of Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy and is protected by copyright and intellectual property laws of the United States; and shall remain the property of Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy. Users are not permitted to print any of the course content available in the on-line training web site for any purpose. Course content maintained on the CCJA on-line training website shall not be: retransmitted, redistributed, reused, rebroadcast or republished in any form whatsoever, in print or electronic form or elsewhere, unless permission has been granted in writing from an authorized representative of Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy.
Users shall agree that the use of the content, material, products and services provided by Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy shall fully comply with all applicable laws, rules and local customs in the respective jurisdiction of the user, including use restrictions on laws concerning copyright and intellectual property.
As aforementioned, users shall not permit any other persons to access content, material and/or services provided by Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy with their User ID and password.
RIGHT TO MODIFY TERMS OF SERVICE AND/OR TERMINATE SERVICES
Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy reserves the right and maintains sole discretion to terminate and/or modify any of the terms of this Agreement and Terms of Services, including but not limited to content and types of services, upon notice to the registered user. Notice is given when the user logs into the online training session. Therefore, In the event of any change, you, the registered user, shall reserve the right to terminate this Agreement and any provided services offered by Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy but only upon written notice to Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy.
CCJA shall post any and all changes concerning this Agreement and Terms of Service on the CCJA web site and may provide information concerning any and all changes via e-mail when practical.
This Agreement shall terminate automatically if you fail to comply with any term within or in the Terms of Service.
NOTICE SPECIFIC TO MATERIALS AND LINKS
Applicable law prohibits the utilization of any materials protected by Copyright, including but not limited to graphics, text, photos, and sounds. Violations of such may expose the offender to severe criminal and civil sanctions. It shall be the express policy of Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy to prosecute violators to the maximum extent possible by law.
Links to third party sites will permit you to depart the CCJA site and you must be cognizant of the fact that any linked site shall not come under the umbrella of control of Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy. Likewise, Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy shall not become responsible for any content of any linked site or any link contained in any additional or collateral linked site so on and so on. It MUST be understood that any link contained within the Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy site is provided to you, the end user, merely as a convenience for you and shall never constitute any endorsement of the linked site by Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy.
Utilization of Information declaration:
- Will verify rights of access rights to services;
- To permit you access to services;
- For the reporting of completion or non-completion of courses;
- To assist the technical team of the Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy to:
- Fully understand how all services are being used;
- Monitor internet and site traffic patterns;
- Monitor actual dates, times and duration of log ins;
- Generate a total amount of time attempting to complete courses for each session.
CHOICE OF LAW - CHOICE OF FORUM - WAIVER OF JURY TRIAL. The laws of the Commonwealth of Virginia, and the United States, shall govern all agreements within this document. Any legal dispute or lawsuit pled against Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy that has reference to this agreement or that arises in any other manner from the utilization or operation of Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy website shall be brought solely in a court of the Commonwealth of Virginia or the Fourth Federal Circuit Court unless Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy has consented in writing to a different legal forum. It MUST also be agreed that any and all parties to such a pending cause of action shall agree to waive their respective legal right to a trial by a jury in any and all such causes of action that has been pled.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE. Copyright (c) 2007, by the Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
TRADEMARKS. Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy web site and logo are trademarks of the Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy. Any and all other respective product and company names disclosed anywhere within Cardinal Criminal Justice Academy website may be the trademarks of their respective owners. Any and all rights not expressly granted herein are expressly reserved.